what is a chek holistic lifestyle coach (hlc)?
chek holistic lifestyle coaches are specialists in wellness, stress management and lifestyle strategies. chek hlc’s come from a varied background including fitness professionals, healthcare professionals, nutritionists, dieticians and so on.
what does a holistic lifestyle coach do?
a chek holistic lifestyle coach will assess in detail the underlying causes of vitality depleting factors considering the body as a “system of systems.” using a coaching model, they will help you learn how stress and illness are preventable through healthy eating habits, lifestyle management and appropriate types of exercise. they will help you to understand why every meal, every bout of exercise and every late night has a hormonal consequence.
holistic lifestyle coaching consists of the following foundational principles to ensure optimal health and well-being.
- nutrition – utilizing a system called metabolic typing which helps to determine the ratio of protein, carbohydrates and fats that works best for you and your biochemical needs. discussing the importance of balanced meals and snacks, proper portions and serving sizes. focusing on fresh whole foods, pesticide/hormone free and organic choices.
- hydration – how much and what type of water are you drinking? what else are you drinking that is causing harmful effects to the body?
- sleep – focusing on best hours to sleep, how much to sleep and sleep quality.
- breathing – focusing on proper breathing mechanics using the diaphragm.
- thoughts – are your thoughts in line with your purpose and goals? are you attracting what you want into your life?
- movement – are you getting enough exercise throughout the day? is your body already tired and stressed causing exercise to become harmful?
our coaching relationship will begin with a comprehensive assessment including questionnaires that will assess the effects of your lifestyle on your body, mind, and spirit. we will explore environmental toxicities, parasite fungal and bacterial infections, hormonal imbalances, nutritional deficiencies, detoxification procedures and stress management techniques.
during the initial assessment we will:
- discuss your responses to your questionnaires
- define the scope of our relationship,
- prioritize where you would like to focus our efforts, and
- define success and your desired outcomes.
we will then continue with regular weekly/bi-weekly coaching sessions. each session lasts approximately one hour. subsequent coaching sessions will focus on helping you achieve your goals.
between sessions, you may have specific actions that you’ll need to take to meet your goals. i’ll provide you with any necessary resources, such as relevant articles, checklists or assessment tools, to help you be successful. depending on your objectives for the coaching sessions, the duration of our relationship can be for a few months to longer. typically, clients find a minimum of three months is necessary to achieve their goal.
holistic lifestyle coaching will help you to identify the vitality-depleting factors that compromise your health and well-being and teach you how to attain optimal health and vitality for yourself.
conditions that benefit from holistic lifestyle coaching
- digestive disorders: crohns disease, ibs, leaky gut syndrome, diverticulitis, parasite fungal (candida) and bacterial infection, constipation, dysbiosis
- hormonal imbalances: thyroid dysfunction, adrenal exhaustion, depression, hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings
- skin conditions: acne, eczema, psoriasis, dandruff
- chronic allergies, colds, flu, sinus infections
- food cravings, allergies and intolerances
- chronic fatigue and low energy
- immune system dysfunction
- blood sugar imbalances
- cholesterol levels
- premature aging
- blood pressure
- metal toxicity